作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 10 月 22 日 4:23 下午
Charlotte Huck's Children's Literature：
A Brief Guide, 2/e
Author：Barbara Z. Kiefer, Cynthia A. Tyson
Price： NT$ 1,500
Now in its second edition, Charlotte Huck’s Children’s Literature: A Brief Guide provides essential information for designing pre-K-to-8 literature programs. Expertly designed in a vibrant, full-color format, this streamlined text has a strong emphasis on researching, evaluating, and implementing quality books in the classroom—the critical skills needed to search for and select literature. This resource gives readers the tools they need to evaluate books, create curriculum, and foster a lifelong love of reading for students.
作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 10 月 17 日 6:00 下午
Author：Mickey Rogers, Joanne Taylore-knowles, and Steve Taylore-knowles
The key features of the series are：
- Life Skills：Higher-order skills such as critical thinking, organizational, and learning skills that students need in order to be successful in their professional, academic, and everyday lives.
- Language sub-skills with tips to support the development of the four language skill
- Step-by-Step approach to grammar with grammar sections that provide a clear focus on the meaning, form, and function of the language.
- Focus on functional language that helps learners improve their fluency and speaking skills.
- Independent learning features throughout the course such as Notice!, Reflect and How are you doing? boxes that encourage learners to analyze their own progress.
- A range of video material and related worksheets that support the themes and key language from the Student's Book
作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 10 月 06 日 2:34 下午
English Skills with Readings,9/e
Publisher：Mc-Graw Hill Higher Education (2014)
Grounded in John Langan's Four Bases - unity, coherence, sentence skills, and support - English Skills with Readings employs a unique personalised learning plan to address student deficits in grammar and mechanics and to free instructional time for activities emphasising writing process and critical thinking. English Skills with Readings features John Langan's trademark crystal - clear explanations, along with his range of motivating activities and writing assignments that reinforce the four bases of effective writing. The new edition adds a variety of exciting new features to John Langan's proven approach, and reinstates much-requested material from previous editions.
作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 09 月 22 日 3:24 下午
作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 09 月 22 日 2:47 下午
講題：What Your Students Should Know Before Taking YLE
日期／時間：2014.11.14 (Fri.) 14:20~15:20
Whether you’re teachers who are preparing your students for Cambridge English: Young Learners or thinking about having your students take YLE, or you are parents whose child is taking YLE, come to this session as it is designed to help you help your students/child ace 13+ shields on the exams. With well-designed exam preparation materials and effective classroom activities, you can build the essential skills as well as self-confidence of your students/child.
作者：Niki 日期：2014 年 09 月 22 日 2:45 下午
講題：Help Your Students Improve Their TOEIC Score
日期／時間：2014.11.14 (Fri.) 16:40~17:40
講者： Celia Wigley
“Listening is really difficult for me. I just can’t understand everything that the speakers say.”
“I can’t always find important information in the reading passages.”
“My pronunciation is bad. I’m afraid that the test graders won’t even understand me during the Speaking Test!”
“My grammar and spelling are weak, so I’m afraid I’ll make a lot of mistakes in the Writing test.”
Are these comments that your students make? These are challenges that many students face when taking the TOEIC® Test. If you’d like to leave ETA ROC with some solutions to these challenges, then this talk is for you.