Longman Academic Reading Series－Reading Skills for College
Level：A1-C1 (Beginner to Upper-Intermediate)
The Longman Academic Reading Series is a five-level series that prepares English language learners for academic work. The aim of the series is to make students more effective and confident readers by providing high-interest readings on academic subjects and by teaching them skills and strategies for effective reading, vocabulary building, note-taking, and critical thinking. The series also encourages students to discuss and write about the ideas they discovered in the readings, making them better speakers and writers of English as well.
- Readings based on academic sources － Every reading in the text focuses on an academic subject and is chosen with the intent of providing different and intriguing perspectives on the theme.
- Multiple reading genres － Readings come from a variety of soures or genres, from textbooks to on-line articles, and are written by a variety of experts from widely different fields.
- Explicit academic skills － From critical reading to vocabulary building, note-taking, and critical thinking, the Longman Academic Reading Series provides students with a holistic approach to effective reading.
- Corpus － Informed approach to vocabulary (AWL) － Students build vocabulary and acquire skills that will help them become more confident and successful in preparing for their academic work.
- A Grammar for Reading section in each chapter presents a short review and practice of a grammar structure often emcountered in academic texts.
[ just for Book4 and 5]
- A Teacher’s Manual at www.pearsonelt.com/tmkeys provides teaching suggestions, answer keys, and quizzes.
ISBN / PRICE
|9780132786645||Longman Academic Reading Series 1 (A1)||550|
|9780132785822||Longman Academic Reading Series 2 (A2)||550|
|9780132760591||Longman Academic Reading Series 3 (B1)||550|
|9780132760614||Longman Academic Reading Series 4 (B2)||550|
|9780132760676||Longman Academic Reading Series 5 (C1)||550|