The Heinle Picture Dictionary, 2/e
Publisher: Heinle-Cengage ELT (2013)
Price : NT$500
Extensively revised and updated, The Heinle Picture Dictionary, Second Edition presents 4,000 words in context through vibrant images within thematic units. The new edition uses illustrations, readings, audio, and technology to teach everyday and content-area vocabulary.
Tried and Tested!
- “Words in Context” shows how the language is actually used through accessible, contextualized readings.
- “Word Partnerships” helps students use high-frequency word patterns and collocations like a native speaker.
- “Words in Action” provides practice with new words through classroom activities.
- The Lesson Planner, with 342 fully developed lesson plans, provides extensive multilevel support for the busy teacher.
- The Activity Bank CD-ROM, included in the Lesson Planner, contains reproducible activity masters that can be customized for individual and classroom use.
- The Audio CDs allow students to improve listening and pronunciation skills with recordings of the target vocabulary and “Words in Context.”
New and Enhanced!
- Beginning and Intermediate Workbooks reinforce and consolidate classroom instruction with vocabulary, listening, and grammar practice.
- “Grammar Connection,” included in each workbook lesson, presents the necessary grammar for building sentences with the newly acquired vocabulary.
- High-frequency words are highlighted, allowing students to focus on the top ten most essential words in each lesson.
- The Interactive Student CD-ROM makes practicing vocabualry fun through games, activities, audio, and bilingual support.
- The Interactive Presentation Tool CD-ROM enlivens the classroom with dynamic student book pages, audio, activities, and games for use on an interactive whiteboard or data projector with computer.
- The Assessment CD-ROM with Examview makes assessment easy with quizzes and tests that can be customized.